Day 26 - Blog it!
Blogs. You know them, full of information from millions of different perspectives all over the world. Blogging is one of the best ways to share information you have, teach something that you have learned, or talk about products you are selling.
As the founder of Stitches By Leslie, my focus is on the organization of thought and gear! The "Keeping it together" tagline is more than a catchy phrase. It is intended to elevate each customer into a seamless life. Whether that is through coaching goal crushing habits or providing accessories to hold your gear, I am focused on every customer's success.
Having a Blog on my website was one method to get this message out. The #30DTAOL challenge followed a strict schedule, that required daily dedication, intense research, and even crafting an example to raffle in the end. The only way I was able to get through this huge feat, was leveraging a blog schedule and some key technology products, which I will share with you today. Oh, and plenty of coffee and s'mores!
Here are the components and some context for use
- Set up each day with a number and a letter
- Determine what the goal or focus is for the month - do you have a theme?
- If you are selling something, do you have promotions designed to support the theme
- Are there influencers that you are targeting?
- Note the week periods. everything is easier in smaller chunks
Other items that you will need to decide
- Is tracking traffic important to you? If so how will you accomplish this?
- It is for me. I want to make sure that the content I am sharing is being read.
- I utilize my websites analytic backend with the social media platforms I push to
- Will you allow comments?
- I do. I love feedback and engaging with my readers!
- Frequency of publishing
- the 30-day challenge was a daily engagement for me
- Channels you will publish to
- My website's blog page is where the content lives.
- I also leverage Instagram, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Groups, FaceBook, FaceBook groups, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Tools that you will use to publish
- I schedule posts on both my website and YouTube channels
- I use Buffer to post everywhere else
- Manually post to LinkedIn Groups
If you are embarking on becoming a blogger, I would recommend:
- Finding bloggers that you enjoy reading. Study them, and see how they do it
- There are plenty of articles out there for you to read, full of other tips and tricks
- Set up a simple schedule, and ease into it. Rome wasn't blogged in a day!
Leslie Grossman is the founder of Stitches By Leslie, Inc. and the creator of the patent pending Journal Mate. For more information, reach out firstname.lastname@example.org