june is professional wellness month
This is the time to celebrate health and wellness. June showcases the employer’s role in helping create healthier, happier employees. It serves as a reminder of how organizations that invest in the well-being of their employees benefit from a more productive, engaged workforce and a magnetic company culture that drives recruitment and retention.
Eating well, exercising, and focusing on our overall health makes us feel good about ourselves and makes us more productive at work - and research has confirmed this for years. When employees live healthier lives, they increase their worth in the marketplace, add value to the company, and become more productive workers.
Research was conducted by researchers at Brigham Young University, and included a study of 19,803 people who worked at one of three large companies (Reported by the HuffPost in 2012):
“Eating unhealthily is linked with a 66 percent increased risk of loss of productivity”
“Rare exercise is linked with a 50 percent increased risk of low productivity”
“The researchers found that people between ages 30 and 39 were the most likely to experience a loss in productivity”
Take a moment to examine your own life for ways you improve the work-life balance. Here are some tips to get the most out of Professional Wellness Month and how the Journal Mate™ makes this easy!
Exercise. Make time to exercise, even if it means simply walking around the block each day during work. With the Journal Mate™ you can:
* Set a daily goal and track the number of steps you take each day
* Record the types of activities you enjoy and make a plan to incorporate them into your calendar schedule
Explore you. During the week, take time to strengthen your performance at work. Take a class, workshop, or a webinar. Enhance your knowledge!
* Keep your notes conveniently stored in your Journal Mate™ so you can refer to them often and draw on the experience when needed.
Meditation. Find 30 minutes in your day to turn off the technology, get out of the hustle, and clear your mind. Make some alone time when you get home. Turn on some mellow music and clear your mind.
* Try the Color Mate™ to explore the many benefits of coloring for relaxation!Reconnect.
Block out some time to reconnect with colleagues and friends who have experience or knowledge to share. Staying connected to your network increases your opportunities, strengthens your relationships, and keeps you current on the world around you and others experiences.
* Using your Journal Mate™, make a list of people that are important in your life and professional growth and create connection time slots in your week to keep the conversation going.
Diet. Be cognizant of what you eat. Swap the candy and chips for healthier alternatives, like nuts, fruits, vegetables and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and maintain energy levels. The Journal Mate™ can help you:
* Maintain a list of healthy snacks and food options that YOU enjoy, which you can recall when you are grocery shopping for the week, to ensure success! Example
* Keep a daily food and water log Example
Shop our products this month and receive 10% discount on any purchase of Journal Mate™ or Color Mate™ with promo code PWM17.
Disclaimer: Stitches By Leslie, Inc.’s products, the Journal Mate™, Color Mate™, and Sketch Mate™ are patent pending products. If you are interested in exploring licensing opportunities or bulk purchases for your company or employees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for how!